Friday, January 09, 2009

Favorite brother

Peanut loves her big brother, who is 8. He has been super with her since she was born. His mellow personality has been a perfect match for her. I trust him with her and she trusts him too. Ever since she was very small, he has had the "magic touch" with her.

Since Christmas holidays ended, she has missed him while he is at school. As soon as he walks in the door from school, she screams in delight, and holds her arms up for him. He picks her up and she won't let him go. Her oldest brother tried to take her one day from her favorite brother and she screeched an awful noise and pushed his arm away. It's clear who her favorite is.

Brother loves that she loves him so much, but he gets tired of holding her after a while. Last night I ran a few errands, alone. It's a rare treat. When I got home, I found Brother sitting in the rocking chair with Peanut asleep in his arms. It's so sweet. He can put her to sleep like no one else can, that is his "magic touch" and he is proud to have it.

Sweet kids!!!
Speaking of sweet kids, my older daughter, Princess, informed me today that Jesus doesn't have a phone. No he doesn't, I agreed. She then told me that he doesn't need to call anyone and he doesn't need a camera either. I love those moments when I get into a glimpse into my child's mind.

PS, while writing this, Brother has been holding Peanut and she fell asleep in his arms. Her oldest brother tried to take her from favorite brother, and she won't let go of him, even in her sleep. She scrunched up her eyebrows and poofed out her lips, alseep, in protest of being taken from him. It's funny.

2 comments:

Lena Baron said...

So Precious! That is how I was with my youngest brother. I'm sure they will always have a special bond!

SLC said...

He is a sweet boy - always has been. I love the phone comment, very funny!