Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The extinction of head phones

Peanut is teething. She eats everything she can get her hands on, as brought up in the previous post about crayons. She eats well at meals and I'm glad for that. There are very few foods that she turns up her nose at, but the non-food items are a problem. Like I mentioned, she loves crayons and I'm starting to think she has a secret stash of them somewhere because she keeps finding them. She also loves to chew on and rip up the foam on head phones. Several head phones in the house have suffered because of her need to chew and tear with her new teeth. She has 8 and they are lethal. She got one of my fingers in a surprise attack yesterday and I have a bruise - ouch!

Back to the head phones. Last week, Hubby got very upset with me when he said I let her chew up his head phones. I didn't let her! She crawled up to his computer, stood up, pulled his head phones off the computer desk, and chewed at them. The moment I found her, I took them away from her. The damage had been done, but not much. She must not have had them long when I found her. This morning, my oldest son was listening to his MP3 player. He foolishly put the head phones on Peanut and left her. She pulled the head phones off and ripped out a chunk of the foam with those sharp little teeth. Again, I saw this and took them from her, which she was very upset about. Months ago she got a hold of a pair and destroyed them.

After she chews up all the crayons and head phones in the house, I wonder what she will go for next?

2 comments:

Lena Baron said...

WOW! I still am amazed at the difference in development between our little ones... AMAZING!:)

Nicole said...

i am happy to see your blog- i never saw it before- hahahaha! thats all i have to say about crayons- babies love crayons- we had some out for some odd reason and kayla attacked i figured they cant hurt her but i am not intentionally giving them to her either! her favorite thing right now is phones- we gave her our old house phone to play with because its not hooked up yet and she keeps answering it and squealing- i guess this is a CUE that i am on the phone too much but what can you do?? :)