Friday, January 16, 2009

like it?

Do you like my new look? I figured after a year, I needed a change. I made it myself on Photoshop. OK, I know it isn't very good... but I did it myself! Photoshop is a program I would like to learn, but it is really hard. I usually can't do anything unless I've got Hubby close by to ask questions to. He is really talented on Photoshop. But this time, he wasn't around and I did it alone.

Not much is going on. I want to get into the kitchen and do some baking and cooking to get ready for the weekend, but Peanut won't let me do much.

A few odds and ends:
- I took Peanut to the doctor to see if she had an earache, since she had been whacking at her ear all week. No earache, just teething, which apparently, can make the ears itch, explaining why she kept whacking at her ear - she was itching it. Peanut did come weighing in at a super 21 lbs, 2 oz! She is getting so big.
- Peanut, who is 9 months old now, can stand alone. She hasn't tried walking on her own yet. I'm trying to get that first step out of her, but she isn't going for it, yet....
-My three year old son is looking like John Denver in the 70's. He really needs a hair cut.
-The older boys are going on their first Cub Scout hike. We just moved from an area that had no scout troop for them so they are way behind and have never done any scout activities before. It's going to be a 3 mile hike!
-We are going to try and go to some yard sales tomorrow. Hubby doesn't have a grill, we have no money to buy a new one, so we are going to see if anyone is selling one for cheap at the yard sales. Hubby can't live long without a grill.
-I've submitted my first short story to a magazine. I don't expect it to be accepted, but I've made my first effort in accomplishing one of my lifelong dreams, to be a published writer. I may never reach my dream, but at least I've tried.

No comments: