Monday, January 05, 2009

Clothes line and snow

Over the weekend, Hubby put up a clothes line in the back yard for me. I'm happy to have it. The yards here are totally ridiculous. It is rock. That's it. The landscaping is done with lots and lots of rocks. It makes the small yard area totally useless. So, we put a clothesline in the useless back yard. It's funny, the city we live in, Las Cruces, translated is The Crosses. Crosses are found all over the city. Now there are two in our back yard, my clothes line! I'm making good use of it today.

This morning we woke up and I was looking out the back door while eating breakfast at the mountain that is right out behind the house. I asked Hubby, is that snow on the top? He looked and confirmed what I saw, a light dusting of snow at the very top of the mountain. I noticed the rooftops of the houses around us, they had snow in the crevices of them. Amazing, snow! It was gone with in an hour and now the day is bright, sunny, and you only need a light jacket to go out and that is to protect you from cool winds.

I've enjoyed the weather here in Las Cruces!

2 comments:

Martie said...

Las Cruces is one of the places my hubs is thinking of looking for employment. Tell me more!

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Glad to hear things are good. So places have weird ideas for landscaping!