Tuesday, January 13, 2009

mmm, dessert

We were all having a sweet tooth moment yesterday. I looked through the pantry at the dwindleing supplies. I'm doing my best not to go grocery shopping this month and save money by eating what we have in the pantry. So, looking through what we had I found a can of cherry pie filling and an idea came to me - cherry pizza!

I looked up a recipie online for a sweet pizza crust and found one that was perfect. It's basically a sugar cookie recipie. I baked it for a few moments alone, then I added the cherry pie filling, some pecans, and some chocolate chips. I put it back into the oven for a few minutes to let the cherries warm up and the chocolate chips melt. When I pulled it out of the oven, I piped on some cream cheese frosting I made. Look at the result:

Wow Wee! It was good!

2 comments:

Lena Baron said...

That's exactly what I have in my Lazy Susan, Cherry Pie filling. GREAT IDEA!!! Thanks!

Sandra Davis said...

That does look really tasty!!