Thursday, February 09, 2012

Hobbies

Over the years, I've had a number of hobbies. For the most part, they have remained the same over the course of my life.  I've added a few, like weaving, and some I don't get to do much anymore, but still love to do when I get or take the opportunity.

Cinderella puzzle I did last March
1. Puzzles - I've been doing puzzles as long as I can remember.  When I was a teen, I got my first 1000 piece and set it up on the floor of my room one summer.  I spent hours listening to my radio, sitting on the floor and doing my puzzle.  Last year, I did three or four 1000 piece.  One day I'll have to try a bigger one.

2. Reading - I've always enjoyed reading books of my choice.  I don't like it when people tell me what to read.  For that reason, I've never joined a book club.  I might take some one's recommendation, but I don't like it when someone assigns me a book.  I prefer young adult and classical children's literature.   For my favorite children's literature reading list, click here - Children's Literature.


Peter Pan cross stitch
done by me in 1990
3. Cross stitching - My first cross stitch was when I was seven years old.  It was a little Christmas tree with probably no more than 20 stitches.  I still have it and hang it every year on my Christmas tree.  I've loved cross stitching ever since, but I haven't seriously done any in almost 4 years.  I have got to finish my youngest child's Christmas stocking this year.  She keeps reminding me that I've done the other kids, but not hers.  I've also got a couple of huge projects in the works.  I should pull those out again.

4. Weaving - a fairly new hobby.  It will be three years this March that I discovered the joys of weaving.  I still feel like a beginner.  I don't spend nearly as much time on it as I should to move beyond beginner.  I'm almost done with the project on the loom.  I just need to finish it so I can move on.  I already know what I want to do for the next project.

5.  Watching old movies - yesterday I watched a Bob Hope comedy.  Good stuff.  I love old comedies, especially Doris Day, Cary Grant, and of course the musicals, Singing in the Rain and such.


1 comment:

SLC said...

We are so much alike - do you think we could be related? Oh wait!