Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A little bit of joy

* I love that the sun is rising earlier and earlier each day.  It's not dark when I wake up anymore.

* Nothing says Spring is around the corner like bright yellow daffodils starting to bloom.

* I've been going through a very difficult ordeal for me personally - detoxing my body of sugar.  I'm a total sugar addict.  I love it, but it was getting out of hand.  It was the only thing I was eating anymore.  I've been going without all sugars (natural included) for a week, with the exception of last Saturday.  And even then, it was a very small amount of sugar compared to what my normal was before.  Last week was terrible.  I was not pleasant.  This week has been totally different.  I'm not craving sugar any more.  It is so completely wonderful!!!  I will have sugar again on Thursday. We have guests coming for dinner and I plan on making and eating dessert.

* Yesterday was so warm, I opened the back door for a little fresh air while I cleaned the kitchen and cooked dinner.

* Hearing my 6 year old read.  It's slow and it's hard, but he is reading!  We have Hooked on Phonics and he is going through all the books in the kindergarten level and he is so proud of the stickers he gets to put on his chart as he reads each book.

* I'm learning the Dewey Decimal System and the Universal Classification System!  I have to say that I'm finding that the Universal Classification System is easier to learn.

That's just a little of the joy I've been feeling this week.  It is easy to feel this way when Spring seems to be right around the corner.  I hope the rest of the week is just as good.

1 comment:

Lena Baron said...

Great Job Molly!!! I understand the struggle with sugar cravings. I went through a similar detox last month. It is difficult especially during a certain week of the month for me. But it's worth it in the end. I'm glad you're feeling the difference! I'm so glad you're feeling SPRING!! I hope it continues. You deserve it!! Love ya! BTW: I hear ya on the whole reading with a new reader thing. But you're right, it's just nice to hear them read!